The Livelihoods Innovation Development Programme (LIDP) is the main knowledge and research hub informing all programming activities at Ruzivo. Through the LIDP we provide advice to local, national and international organisations on livelihoods related issues such as mainstreaming livelihoods in development programmes, gender, HIV and AIDS.
Through the LIDP Ruzivo Trust provides advice to local, national and international organisations on livelihoods related issues such as mainstreaming livelihoods in development programmes, gender, HIV and AIDS. The themes that the LIDP covers include:
- Sustainable livelihoods analysis on an ongoing basis.
- Helping communities in land use, management and natural resource stewarding.
- Helping development partners in the area of accountability.
The LIDP’s aim is to facilitate action in the areas that Ruzivo Trust works using the research results. Some of the objectives of the programme are:
- Capacity development in livelihoods through knowledge from local to international levels.
- Capacity development in livelihoods through the facilitation of training in mainstream livelihoods.
- Advance livelihoods discourse as a major and cross-cutting component in programming on Gender, HIV and AIDS.
Approaches in delivery
In order to achieve the programme objective and be dominant in the field of livelihood development, Ruzivo uses various approaches in delivery. The approaches in delivery include:
- Action- based research.
- Policy engagement at national and international levels.
- Regional and international networking.
- Publications in the form of books and Information.
- Education and Campaign (IEC) materials.
We have worked on a number of projects which include:
- Agro-biodiversity Knowledge, which is focused on agriculture and natural resources however also speaks to how people depend on nature
- Value Chain Research, concentrated on value chain in terms of costs and benefits, as a basis for finding ways to help producers through combined quantitative and participatory approaches.
- Harmonised Social Cash Transfer (HSCT) Programme Evaluation, a social protection programme that provides cash to vulnerable households across the country.